Pages

January 30, 2011

The Buddy System

Went to a good friend's house yesterday. We started a little tradition a year or two ago where we try to go to each other's house once a month (taking turns) and either do a house project or a craft/canning/baking project (or both!). Some months we do fun outside stuff like go to the flower and garden show or the flea market.

Yesterday I went to her house and we spent about 5-6 hours in the basement clearing out a TON of stuff. It looks SOOO much better. She designated a bunch of stuff for garbage and a bunch for a future yard sale. There's still a lot more to do, but we'll get to it in time.

It's so nice doing a project like this with a buddy who isn't judgemental. We've known each other since junior high and we promised when we started doing this that we wouldn't judge the state of each other's rooms or projects.

I had originally planned to have her help me with my home office, but ended up getting motivated to get that done on my own. Since I'm working on my basement right now, she'll likely be off the hook for that as well.

No worries though, I see a ton of painting in the not super distant future (like, literally, my entire house - every single room!!!), and I'm sure I'll be able to use her help with those projects!

There's always something to do around here!!!

Why not think about overcoming any potential embarrassment you have and asking a good friend if she would be willing to do something similar???? It's amazing how much you can get done with this focused effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment